Sacramento Theft Crime Defense Attorney
The Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales Is Well-Known for Our Ability to Win
Theft is a broad legal term that encompasses various degrees of crimes. Theft essentially refers to the taking of someone else's property with the intent to deprive the victim of the property permanently. There are two main categories of theft. Petty theft refers to the taking of small-value items, while grand theft refers to the theft of high-value items.
Under California’s Proposition 47, which reduces certain theft crimes to misdemeanors, petty theft, receiving stolen property, and forging or writing bad checks amounted to less than $950 requires misdemeanor sentencing. In order to fully understand the circumstances behind your offense, you should speak to a skilled legal professional from the Law Offices of Jonathan Gonzales.
No matter what the circumstances, turn to a firm with a reputation for winning. Sacramento criminal defense lawyer Jonathan Gonzales will work hard to ensure your rights are aggressively defended.
Types of Theft Defenses
The Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales can help you find a defense solution that works in your case. This may include:
- Claim of property ownership: In some cases, the person accused of theft was under the impression that property was theirs. If this is the case, the accused must provide some sort of evidence that validates this claim.
- Intoxication: Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol can impair one's judgment. While the person is intoxicated, the theft could take place. There needs to be proof, however, that the person was intoxicated at the time.
- Entrapment: It's possible that the accused was lured into committing the theft. The person could be set up by someone looking to prosecute the individual.
Begin Building Your Defense Today
At the Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales, our team has handled thousands of criminal defense cases. A former policer officer and aggressive trial lawyer, Jonathan Gonzales can take your case to trial, where you'll have a strong chance of winning. Even in felony cases, he has succeeded.
Here are a couple examples:
- In one case, a client was charged with three felonies, including car theft. At the preliminary hearing, all felony counts were dismissed.
- In another case, a man charged with grand theft. Police illegally searched his shed. We argued a violation of the fourth amendment search and seizure rights and won. The case was dismissed.
Seek similar results for your case. Schedule a free consultation from the Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales by calling (916) 318-5177. Our theft crime defense lawyer is ready to help you.