Sacramento Sex Crimes Defense Lawyer
What is a Sex Crime?
Sex crimes generally refer to sex acts that are illegal or involve coercion. They involve at least two people; a victim and the alleged offender.
Sex Offender Registry in California
Each state has individualized laws regarding these crimes, as well as time limits for filing a lawsuit. Those convicted of a sex crime in California are required to register on state and federal sex offender lists. Once you are put on a sex offender registry, you remain there for life.
Don't wait to get aggressive defense, contact the Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales today.
Common Types of Sex Crimes
Sacramento sex crimes attorney Jonathan Gonzales handles numerous arrests, including:
- Indecent exposure: This involves exposing one's genitals, typically for sexual gratification. Showing underwear or female breasts is not considered a crime, even in California.
- Prostitution: The engagement of sex acts for money or other compensation.
- Rape: This refers to sexual intercourse that is nonconsensual. It is usually committed by physical force or threat of injury. Penetration must occur for someone to be charged with rape.
- Statutory rape: When the victim is a minor, since minors cannot legally consent to sex.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault can include, but it is not limited to, rape. It can involve groping, touching one's genitals, or attempted rape.
Strong Defense from a Sacramento Sex Crime Lawyer
Once you have your name added to sex offender registries, your life is restricted forever. Your career and personal life will be severely affected.
The good news is that in many cases, you can bargain for a lesser charge if you have an experienced lawyer on your side. Sacramento sex crime attorney Jonathan Gonzales has handled thousands of criminal defense cases, ranging from misdemeanors to serious felonies such as homicide.
He also has a record for being undefeated in jury trials in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Our team can get your charges reduced and maybe even dismissed altogether.
Don't let a sex crime conviction ruin your life forever. Contact the Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales today at (916) 318-5177 to schedule a free consultation.