A white collar crime is one that involves deceit in order to make money. There are many crimes under this category, but all have one thing in common: Fraud. These crimes are nonviolent in nature and often conducted by business professionals of high social and economic status. Ponzi schemes, for example, are well-known white collar crimes.
Criminal charges are scary, let our Sacramento white collar crimes lawyers fight for you! Get your free consultation today.
Experienced White Crimes Defense
There are numerous other white collar crimes that Sacramento defense lawyer Jonathan Gonzales can help you with. These include:
- Securities fraud: Also known as "insider trading," securities fraud involves using a company's confidential information to make money, like selling stocks.
- Insurance fraud: This involves lying on an application and planning a scheme to illegally collect on the policy.
- Embezzlement: This involves taking money from an employee and putting the funds in your account.
- Tax evasion: The person avoids tax obligations by transferring property and using false information, among other schemes.
- Money laundering: This act involves filtering money that is illegally obtained and pushing it through a series of transactions in order to make the money appear legitimate.
Avoid Serious Charges with Aggressive Defense Strategies
If charged with a white collar crime, you could be forced to pay restitution to the victim as well as face fines and jail time. The penalties vary significantly. These are serious crimes that require an experienced Sacramento white collar crime lawyer. The Law Office of Jonathan Gonzales can navigate your case and determine the best course of defense.
Jonathan Gonzales is a former police officer and aggressive trial lawyer who will fight for your rights. With an undefeated jury trial record for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, Attorney Gonzales has the experience to get your penalties reduced significantly or even get your case dismissed altogether based on the circumstances.
Licensed to practice in all California and Federal courts
Featured in an article on Fox40 for our commitment to the law and impressive legacy
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ and rated Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers
Attended drug & alcohol recognition training for a Drug and Alcohol Recognition P.O.S.T Certificate
Former police officer with experience in the DUI Unit at the Public Defender’s Office
A dedicated trial lawyer with an undefeated record of results for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019